It combines mobility exercises that increase the range of movements and motions your body can perform. These include flexibility, but also balance, pliability and strength. The full combination is the best way to avoid injury.
Mobility is “proprioception” – our perception and awareness of our body’s positions and movements. Mobility training, then, includes a range of exercises designed to increase your range-of-motion, control muscles surrounding each joint, and help you move more actively.
Flexibility, on the other hand, is the stretching and lengthening of our muscles. When you can increase the stretch and length of your connective tissue, you can help your body through a full range of movements without causing injury, stiffness, and pain.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Promotes good posture
- Helps prevent knots and injuries
- Relieves tension associated with sedentary lifestyles or over-exercising
- Improves all-round functional fitness performance
- Increases range of movement, helping us stay active and healthy longer in life
- Reduces joint deterioration
- Prevents aches and pains
- Helps build stronger, more adaptive muscles and joints